When searching for a home, the initial task is to find features you love – hardwood flooring, a fireplace, or an office. For Lawrence Eidson and his wife, it was an unexpected feature of their Isle of Palms, SC home that sealed the deal.
Set between the Atlantic Ocean and marshlands, this 5-bedroom, 6-bath, custom-built masterpiece encases a working lighthouse. Although, instead of guiding sailors to shore, this one lights your way to the kitchen.
“It houses two things,” Eidson states. “Primarily, it’s a pantry. And on top of that is an HVAC [that] lights up!”
Thomas Evans Construction built the home, and Eidson and his wife first saw it when it was nothing but plywood. It wasn’t until many years later that they decided to purchase the 6,010-square-foot residence.
“We looked for 15 years before we picked [a home], and everything just aligned,” Eidson says. “[It] had everything we were looking for.”
Currently on the market for $2.95 million with Ron Davis Realtors, this Southern beauty includes decks on three levels with views that stretch from the ocean all the way downtown.
Brazilian cherry hardwood floors extend throughout the home, while wood detailing accents the walls and even some ceilings. There’s also an elevator, and a three-car garage on the ground level.
Between the family room and great room is a stunning two-story, double-sided stone fireplace. Adjacent to that is the island kitchen with the rope-accented lighthouse. And surrounding the space is a wraparound balcony with windows on all sides – Eidson’s favorite spot in the home.
When you’re not at the beach a half-mile away, you can spend your time soaking in the in-ground pool or relaxing in the spa out back.
While the home is full of unique character and charm, what initially made the couple stop and look at the property all those years ago is what drew them back to purchase it.
“The house just smells of wood,” Eidson says. It’s something he and his wife will both miss after six years of breathing in the pleasant aroma.
According to Eidson, this nautical-themed home is the ultimate beach house with everything you could want. It even comes completely furnished.
Photos courtesy of Phil Shepard Real Estate Photography
- House of the Week: A 1900s Firehouse With a Modern Redesign
- Designer Lookbook: Marc-Michaels Creates Stylish Minimalism
- 5 Ways You’ll Spend Money on Your New Construction Home After Closing
See the original post:
House of the Week: A Lighthouse Inside a House
You Should Also Check Out This Post:
- 3 Celebrity Color Schemes to Covet and Copy
- Color Quiz: Test Your Design Instincts
- Designer Lookbook: Janie Molster's Colorful Guest Quarters
- House of the Week: A Whimsical Home Inspired By Hobbits
- 3 High-Impact Spots to Use Bold Color
More Active Posts:
- 2 bedroom Villa/Bungalow for Sale in Manipal, Udupi ( #9579362) (3)
- Residential Plot / Land for Sale in Mangaon, Raigad ( #3010867) (2)
- 3 bedroom Apartment (Multistorey) for Rent in New Town Rajarhat, Kolkata ( #6704207) (2)
- Residential Plot / Land for Sale in Mukteshwar, Nainital ( #4964021) (2)
- Residential Plot / Land for Sale in Oragadam, Chennai ( #4918986) (2)
- 4 bedroom Apartment for Rent in NGEF, Bangalore ( #9640899) (2)
- Residential Plot / Land for Sale in Baghpat Road, Meerut ( #8916539) (2)
- Washington Report: New Consumer Financial Protection Agency (2)
- Foreclosure Poses Danger To Economy (1)
- Study: Foreclosure Affects Children, Too (1)